Body Language Analysis of Belichick Press Conference Interview on DeflateGate Conflict
- Belichick does that smack of distaste 4 times as he starts talking; throughout his statements he looks tired and sad and feels like all that is totally normal.
- He used two common deception techniques:
- “Shifting focus” with a “Look over here” like a magician that says look over here, “While Belichick convincingly explained the tests but shifted the focus of DeflateGate from human wrongdoing to scientific inquiry."
- “Dazzle with Details” in fact he detailed till, we were glazed over, bored and stopped listening.”
- Deception cue, “Delaying the Answer.” Time code 16:02 he waits till 16 minutes into the interview to make a statement, but the statement was not about the deflate that day but about the experiments they did.
“We are -As far as I know and everything I could do we did everything as right as we could do it.” but the statement was not about the deflate that day but about the experiments they did it was another “look over here.”
- "I am not Mona Lisa Vito." an epic My Cousin Vinny reference. If you remember in the movie, she was Vinny's girlfriend. He says in effect he does not have evidence to prove that he, the team or Brady is innocent.
This is the end of this subject for me.